How to install Rustica Copper Range Hoods
Since some of our buyers are not contractors nor professional kitchen appliances installers, we decided to create this modest manual on how to install Rustica copper range hoods to individual homeowners in order to help them with their new, stunning purchase to be installed in a safe and correct way. We must admit first that fixing a range hood to the wall or ceiling is something that should be normally left to a qualified professional. Depending on your building regulations, you may need a licensed HVAC and electrician involved. We strongly recommend you to check that before embarking on this journey by yourself.
However, for those of you who are willing to make their home improvement projects on their own, you should have in mind a couple of questions even before clicking that "buy" button, and that will make the installation process a gratifying moment. While searching for your dreamed copper vent hood, you should be focusing on the products made of a thick, heavy gauge copper just like our hand-hammered metal masterpieces. The hood must have solid construction. In case of Rustica copper range hoods, they feature a metal frame that is attached to the wall or ceiling (depending on if you are buying a wall mount or island mount hood).
Secondly, you have to remember about the ventilation system. Most of our copper vent hoods come with a ventilation system made of a simple linear with two speed 200CFM fan, light and a removable filler. We can customize any model for a vent hood above the stove as a natural venting as well. For those of the clients that have a specific insert that they want to be fixed inside the hood, they should choose a hammered copper hood prepared for your their exhaust equipment of choice. In such a case, you need to select “insert Customized option” and provide its brand and model number in the Note window.
Having said that, if you are still eager to install the copper range hood like a pro, we have prepared a simple step by step instruction to make this experience as effortless as it can be.
1. If your Rustica copper range hood was delivered with the insert installed, remove it by unscrewing screws holding it inside the hood.
2. Using a stand finder pinpoint location of your kitchen wall studs if it is a wall mount hood. In case of kitchen island hood style, look for the ceiling joints immediately above the range where the hood is going to be positioned.
3. With a drill make holes in an iron range hood frame exactly where studs were found.
4. Using a minimum of four heavy-duty screws mount the hood on the wall or ceiling. That is under the condition your house is wood frame. If the building has been made out of concrete or bricks, you can drill holes in the range hood frame in any location it is convenient for you.
5. Connect the ventilation unique with the house exhaust system that is going to push air from the kitchen outside the house. Plug the electric cord of the insert to regular 120V/60Hz plug installed immediately behind or above the range hood.
6. Reinstall the insert and check whether it is working correctly.